Do you love writing? Are you interested in turning your craft into cash?
Making money from writing has never been easier. The internet has made it possible to connect with clients all around the world and make money by working on interesting assignments.
How to Make Money from Writing
1. Decide on your field of specialisation. There are several different forms of writing: Fiction, non-fiction, financial writing, medical writing, business writing and many more. Once you are able to identify your expertise, work on developing your talent on writing specialised writing.
2. Start browsing the Internet for suitable websites that are willing to pay for your writing services. There are numerous websites that connect writers with prospective clients. You may have to submit a written test of your abilities in order to be approved.
3. Start writing your articles and submitting them to generate a steady flow of passive income. Just like other fields, if you are good at what you do, then you will find several clients who will be happy to pay for your services.
4. Build up a portfolio of work where you can showcase your writing ability and talent. Clients will invariably want to see samples before giving you work.
How Much Can You Hope to Make from Writing?
Writing need not be a full time vocation. You can make time to write say, for an hour daily or increased hours over weekends. You can easily earn upto £1500 or even more per month. Your earning will depend on the number of assignments that you are able to complete and the quality of your clientele.
Useful Tips to Make Money from Writing:
- You might want to look for good clients rather than good projects. A good project can be a one-time thing but good clients will be able to keep sourcing work to you
- Although you may have to offer more reasonable prices to begin, avoid demeaning your work by undercutting strategies. Writing involves skill and hard work. Work for clients who are willing to pay your due.
- If you are interested to work an international clientele, consider opening a free online bank account. This makes it easier to collect payments for completed work.
- Request clients to give you recommendations and referrals wherever possible. This helps boost credibility and attract new assignments.
By investing a little time and effort, you can turn your hobby into a source of steady income.
Have you created an income through writing? What tips would you add? Share your experiences and advice with us in the comments below?